Thursday 30 August 2012

"Fresh and Wild" First Shoot
This section, is looking at the best prints from my first shoot, which took place up the downs. For this shoot I used a wide-angle lens, this allows the image to contain a wider spectrum of the landscape in one shot than can be seen by the human eye.

Firstly I am quite pleased with the results of this shoot, because of the interesting perspectives of the horizon. Furthermore I am extremely happy with the way I managed to capture the movement of the grass in the wind which draws towards the centre of the image.


This second image is also quite successful, once again the movement of the grass has been captured and adds a softness to the field. I also like this shot because of the element of the tree to the left, which adds another dimension to the image. This is also achieved through the way that the camera is positioned in portrait which accentuates perspective of the field and the sky.


This is my final image from the first shoot, this image is also quite successful, due to the strong lines that run through the field. These lines break up the otherwise simple landscape. 

Overall these images are successful to an extent. However, I would like to improve these images by using a more interesting focal point and using the landscape as a back drop. In a similar vein I would like to photograph the landscape from different angles and levels. Furthermore I would also like to use a polarizing filter to ensure the sky is not over exposed and loose its depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment